6 die of coronavirus after thousands attend event at Nizamuddin, states brace for fallout: 10 points
Several state governments, including those in Uttar Pradesh and Telangana, have started identifying thousands of individuals who attended the religious congregation in Delhi’s Nizamuddin and should have caught the coronavirus. The governments are bracing for a huge fallout this gathering may have had after thousands attended it defying the lockdown.
Six people have already died in Telangana after attending the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Nizamuddin West from March 1-15. The event had participants from other nations also like Malaysia and Indonesia.
Top developments from the Nizamuddin event:
1. The Tamil Nadu government has stated that around 1,500 residents of the state had travelled to Nizamuddin Delhi for the conference. Of the lot, 981 people are traced by officials and are being tested.
2. The Telangana government has identified 194 people from across the state, who visited the Nizamuddin event from the state. of these people are anesthetize quarantine.
3. The Jammu and Kashmir government has prepared an inventory of individuals from Kashmir Valley who either attended or came in touch with those that attended the Tablighi event at Nizamuddin. The list includes many Kashmiris.
4. Similarly, the Uttar Pradesh administration has also issued an order to look for people within the state who participated within the event.
5. Delhi Police has cordoned off a serious area in Nizamuddin West in south Delhi where several people showed symptoms of being infected with the coronavirus after participating within the religious congregation.
6. As many as 85 people were delivered to LNJP Hospital on Sunday from Nizamuddin area and 68 were brought on Monday. Over 200 people from the Nizamuddin area were taken to different hospitals in Delhi for testing.
7. The groups from Nizamuddin were taken to hospitals on buses by the Delhi administration late within the night on Monday.
8. Over 2,000 delegates, including from Indonesia and Malaysia, attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Nizamuddin West. The south Delhi neighbourhood has virtually been sealed following fears that some people may have contracted COVID-19.
9. Nizamuddin West residents are now worried after quite 200 people that attended a spiritual congregation within the locality showed symptoms for the new coronavirus.
10. Delhi Police, CRPF officials and medical teams visited the locality late on Monday night after reports said an outsized number of individuals were showing symptoms for the disease.