You've heard of a martini, but what a few "quarantini"? that is the name an American woman has given to a concoction she created with gin and vitamin-C powder, while isolating herself at her home amidst the spread of the coronavirus. While the brand that creates the powder has distanced itself from the thought , mid-day invited city bartenders to suggest cocktails with health benefits you'll make from kitchen staples just in case you, too, are confined within four walls.
Keeping It Light
This cocktail has an easy-to-make recipe with ingredients readily available reception . The concoction of warm tequila fizz with chilled cucumber juice will brighten your mood instantly.
Bhadru Bhukya, restaurant manager, Novotel Imagicaa, Khopoli
60 ml tequilla
150 ml cucumber juice
1. Make a punch of all the ingredients — tequila, cucumber and jalapenos — during a large pitcher.
2. Garnish the amalgamated punch with chilli flakes as
The spiced raisin mojito may be a delicious drink that you simply can make with ingredients that your kitchen presumably has. The raisins and cinnamon also work as great immunity boosters, and therefore the drink is ideal for a quarantine drink with friends.
Dwayne Joe D'mell, bartender, Shibuii, Bandra
60ml rum £ 4 pieces lime wedges £ 1 tbsp sugar
2 pieces cinnamon sticks
10 to fifteen pieces raisins
Handful of mint leaves
Soda to top up
1. Add mint and lime to a glass, and pour in sugar.
2. Muddle the ingredients.
3. Half-fill your glass with crushed ice.
4. Pour in rum and soda water.
5. Stir, add more crushed ice and garnish with mint and a cinammon stick.
I call this cocktail Honey I shrunk the youngsters as a nostalgic ode to the favored movie. The honey and cinnamon are strong antioxidants and produce other benefits, like being anti-fungal. The turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory substance, while the whiskey is great for your blood circulation and therefore the acid of the juice helps fight cold .
Gaurish Rangnekar, owner and head mixologist at Barmobile, a bartending service.
5 gm turmeric powder
15 ml honey £ 5 ml fresh juice £ 45 ml any good whiskey or scotch £ 2 gm cinammon powder (optional)
1. In an old-fashioned glass or a whiskey glass, mix the turmeric powder with the honey and juice . Stir.
2. Add some cinnamon powder if available. 3. Add the whiskey and top up with 3 to 4 cubes of ice and stir again till chilled. 4. Garnish with an orange wheel or a cinammon stick.
In Times Of An Emergen-C
This orange and cinnamon cooler are often one among the simplest drinks you'll make reception . Orange is one among the simplest sources of vitamin C . it's easily available nowadays and cinnamon, one among the simplest antioxidants around, may be a common ingredient utilized in Indian kitchens.
Swapnil Pawar, bartender, Candy & Green, Breach Candy
120 ml fresh fruit juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
10 ml of juice
6 to eight fresh mint leaves
60 ml whiskey
1. Hand-press mint and shake it with the ingredients and a couple of cubes of ice.
2. Garnish with a slice of orange with a cinnamon stick.