Brad Pitt doesn't regret turning down Keanu Reeves's The Matrix: The part was never mine

Brad Pitt doesn't regret turning down Keanu Reeves's The Matrix: The part was never mine

Hollywood star Brad Pitt has joined the celebs who turned down actor Keanu Reeves' role within the Matrix.

Pitt reflected on the parts he omitted while accepting the Maltin Modern Master Award at the Santa Barbara International festival in California on January 22, 2020, and said he was up for the character of Neo within the 1999 blockbuster, reports aceshowbiz.com.

Pitt said, "I really believe it (part) was never mine. It's someone else's and that they go and make it. i actually do believe that... but I did expire The Matrix."

Will Smith, Nicolas Cage, Val Kilmer, Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp were also in talks to star within the film, which spawned two sequels and last year 2019, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura told a portal The Wrap that even Sandra Bullock was approached to front the film.

"We went bent numerous people... We were getting desperate. We visited Sandy Bullock and said 'We'll change Neo to a woman .' We sent her the script to ascertain if she was curious about it. And if she was curious about it we might attempt to make the change," Bonaventura told the web site .

He added, "It just wasn't something for her at the time. So really it didn't go anywhere."

Reeves and his old The Matrix castmates, Carrie-Anne Moss and Jada Pinkett Smith are currently circling the beginning date for a 3rd sequel.